1615 M Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone: (202) 467-6370
Fax: (202) 467-6379
Duncan, Weinberg, Genzer & Pembroke has a growing practice in intellectual property law, including the acquisition and protection of patents, trademarks, Internet domain names, trade secrets and copyrights, as well as in the related fields of false advertising and unfair competition. The Firm provides counseling, regulatory representation, and litigation services to assist clients in obtaining, exploiting, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights. Our clients in the intellectual property area include for-profit and non-profit entities doing business on the Internet, as well as those in the "brick and mortar" world.
The Firm provides the following intellectual property law services:
- Preparation and prosecution of trademark applications (both in the United States and abroad), counseling on the selection, availability, use and protection of trademarks, and representation in Internet domain name disputes
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications, opinions on patentability of inventions and novel business methods, and counseling on the scope and validity of patent claims
- Patent, trademark and copyright infringement litigation and enforcement
- Intellectual property licensing, distribution, transfer and confidentiality agreements
- Intellectual property due diligence and monitoring of intellectual property assets for third party infringements
- Opinions on copyright ability, fair use, copyright infringement, ownership, work-for-hire, and protection for a variety of works, including computer software, databases, company publications, advertising, promotional materials and Website content
The Firm provides trademark litigation services before the federal courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the Patent and Trademark Office, representing clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings. We also are involved in the registration of international trademarks, working with a network of established trademark counsel worldwide, and help design global trademark protection strategies. In addition, the Firm has significant experience with investigations of false advertising charges by the Federal Trade Commission.