Clarence started as a Summer Associate with the Firm in 2017, and became an Associate Attorney with the Firm in 2018. As a Summer Associate, Clarence aided the Firm’s attorneys in areas related to energy, cooperative, communications, corporate law, as well as litigation and government contracts. Since becoming an Associate Attorney, Clarence has continued his work in these areas and has also gained experience with renewable energy, telecommunication regulations and project development matters for energy service companies.
Prior to joining the Firm, Clarence served as a Legal Intern at Lockheed Martin, where he gained experience in energy, merger & acquisitions, securities, government contracts, compliance and intellectual property matters.
Prior to enrolling in law school, Clarence served as a government consultant at MAXIMUS. Clarence provided project management and quality assurance services for multiple states, U.S. territories and Native American nations implementing large-scale statewide Management Informational System projects. In this role, Clarence authored federally approved feasibility studies, recommendations reports, financial considerations reports, cost analyses, and Implementation Advance Planning Documents.
- College of William & Mary Marshall-Wythe Law School, J.D., 2018
- University of Virginia, B.A., 2012
- District of Columbia
- Senior Notes Editor of the William & Mary Law School Environmental Law and Policy Review
- Trial Advocacy Teaching Assistant, William & Mary Law School
- Graduate of the William & Mary Law School Leadership Institute
- 2018 Black Law Students Association 3L Member of the Year, William & Mary Law School
- William and Mary Moot Court Team Member, Associate Development Justice
- Quarter-Finalist in the 2018 Bryant-Moore Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia Young Lawyers Association
- Energy Bar Association
- American Association of Blacks in Energy
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Presenter, EUCI Conference, “FERC Electricity 101: Organized Markets (RTOs, ISOs, and ITCs)" and “FERC Electricity 101: New Developments." Herndon, VA (October 7, 2019)