Duncan, Weinberg, Genzer & Pembroke has extensive experience representing clients on government contract matters at the federal and state levels. DWGP’s experience enables it to provide strategic and in-depth analysis of state and federal procurement issues, laws, and regulations. The Firm develops creative strategies and appropriate solutions for clients, provides advice on business decisions, and negotiates, drafts and reviews contracts and agreements.
Duncan, Weinberg, Genzer & Pembroke’s government contracts clients include municipal and tribal electric entities, state energy offices, and energy project developers, including renewable and clean energy promoters. We combine the expertise of our attorneys in energy law, environmental law, intellectual property law and government contracting law to fully support the entire lifecycle of government contracts. From grant-writing to contract development and compliance, DWGP provides counsel at every step. We recognize that, for our clients, contracting with the government presents tremendous business opportunities as well as challenges. We help our clients evaluate competitive solicitations and strategically draft responses to maximize success. We also assist our clients in drafting block grant applications and other government-to-government agreements. DWGP routinely assists clients in compliance and audits of grants and loan programs, including changing the scope of work, terminating contracts, closeouts, and alternate dispute resolution.
On a daily basis, DWGP attorneys provide counseling at the intersection of energy, environmental and government contracts law. Our attorneys have decades-long experience with federal acquisition programs, and working as advisors to state energy offices and numerous state and regional associations dealing with federal procurement and grants programs.
Duncan, Weinberg, Genzer & Pembroke's government contract experience includes:
- Assistance with the State Technology Advancement Collaborative, a competitive multi-state program funded by both United States Department of Energy, with cost sharing by various State entities
- Negotiate and settle a dispute with the Department of the Army concerning an Energy Conservation services contract
- Draft successful grant applications under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act’s Department of Energy Smart Grid Investment Grant Program, and assisted clients in negotiating with the Federal government to manage subsequent compliance and audit agreements and closeouts
- Negotiate with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Utility Service under various loan and grants programs, including high cost energy grants, energy efficiency and renewable energy project loans and other rural distribution and generation assistance programs
- Advice on management of block grants from the U.S. Department of Energy
- Negotiate with the Department of Energy and the Office of Management and Budget to clarify terms associated with the Davis-Bacon Act and other requirements under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act grant programs